文学作品翻译:周瓒-《窗外》英译

作者:admin 2016-12-09 10:51

《窗外》 Outside the Window 我时常想象自己抬起头,从书页上 Often, I imagine lifting my head from the page. 我想象自己,看到了一......

《窗外》

 

Outside the Window

我时常想象自己抬起头,从书页上

Often, I imagine lifting my head from the page.

我想象自己,看到了一片海
I imagine seeing a fraction of the sea,
有蓝色的液体,游过窗棂
its field of blue, beyond the window's edge.
但我所能领受的,只是一小片海域
But all I glimpse is one small part of the ocean.
我告诉自己,那从来就不是
So I say to myself, that's not
全部的深广,况且
its full depth or expanse—
我坐在一个固定的地方
besides, I'm sitting in one place.
它提醒我,想象,也不能是无限的
It alerts me, imagination has limits.
想象有一个天然的出发点
I know it, too, must begin somewhere;
也许它有自由
perhaps it has the freedom
如海鸟一样的翅膀
of the sea bird's wings—
而我们的心灵能够
like those our soul covets—
提供树枝
offering us breaches,
供白日的梦想,一个栖息的支点

 

feeding our daydreams on a perched fulcrum

转载请注明出处。

相关推荐